Posted by Ahsan Tasneem | 5:13 AM | How To, Multicast, Streaming, Tandberg | 0 comments »
Make sure that the PC is connected to the same LAN (or multi-cast enabled WAN) as the codec that is to be streaming
Note: The entire configuration related to my IP settings are erased or replaced with ‘X’. Please let me know if you face any problem, and keep following @ahsantasneem for more
Step 1: Static Public IP assignment, entering in all the IP fields for address, subnet mask, and gateway and DNS.
Posted by Ahsan Tasneem | 5:02 AM | cisco, Cisco ACS, How To, Linksys, RADIUS, Vmware | 0 comments »
Configure the Wireless Network Connection
Complete these steps:
- Log off and then log on by using the WirelessUser account in the wirelessdemo.local domain.
- Choose Start > Control Panel, double-click Network Connections, and then right-click Wireless Network Connection.
- Click Properties, go to the Wireless Networks tab, and ensure that the Use Windows to configure my wireless network settingsis checked.
- Click Add.
- Under the Association tab, type Employee in the Network name (SSID) field.
- Select WPA for the Network Authentication and ensure that Data Encryption is set to TKIP.
Posted by Ahsan Tasneem | 5:00 AM | cisco, Cisco ACS, How To, Linksys, RADIUS, Vmware | 2 comments »
I was working on improving and managing (logging) the security of my wireless network and for this purpose I was searching for steelbelted RADIUS which used to be a freeware, but recently I found that Juniper bought it and its no more freeware now. Therefore I started looking for an alternative and I found one that is Cisco ACS. My plan was to place RADIUS behind the wireless routers placed in my office and authenticate the users trying to connect to Wifi through RADIUS server preventing the unauthorized users access and also generate their logs. Below article helped me in the process I have also specified the changes done by me to make things work. The procedure mentioned below is for the workgroup environment not for the Domain environment.
Do let me know if you face any problem I'll be posting more on this soon keep following @ahsantasneem