iPhone 4S - Battery Drain Problem & Solution

Posted by Ahsan Tasneem | 10:48 AM | , | 2 comments »

Apple said Friday that it was still trying to resolve battery drainage issues in the iPhone 4S, despite a patch released earlier this week that was supposed to fix the problem, according to AllThingsD.
"The recent iOS software update addressed many of the battery issues that some customers experienced on their iOS 5 devices," Apple said in a statement to the tech journal. "We continue to investigate a few remaining issues."
As PCMag reported earlier on Friday, many iPhone 4S users have been complained that the iOS 5.0.1 update released Thursday didn't actually resolve the smartphone's battery problems. One user said the update did not make a lick of difference, another said it actually drained his battery even more. PCWorld reported more issues apparently resulting from the patch, like microphone failures, Wi-Fi signal loss, and cellular reception issues.
Days after Apple released the iPhone 4S and iOS 5 last month, users began complaining of plummeting battery life. One user told the Guardian that he experienced a 10 percent drop every hour, and Apple engineers reportedly started contacting iPhone 4S owners about the "known issue" with its battery.
Apple confirmed the bug last week.
"A small number of customers have reported lower than expected battery life on iOS 5 devices," the company said in a statement. "We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks."

Note:  The steps posted below was found on a forum and a number of people had already tried & acknowledged that their battery drain issue is resolved by following it
Solution to the battery drain 
I've only had my iPhone 4S for 5 days and notice straight away the battery drain issue - dropping from 100% to 50% on standby overnight over about 6hrs.

I tried turning various things on and off to solve it with no luck.

Finally, I did this simple 5 minute sequence to solve it:

1. Deleted my email account.
2. Went to settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.
3. Completely switched phone off and restarted.
4. Drained the phone and fully recharged.

It now drops from 100% to 99% on stand-by over 6 to 8 hrs overnight.

I have also kept Siri running
Re set-up my email account
Switch on location services and have only the items I want switched on
Switched off Location-Based iAds, Setting Time Zone, Diagnostics & Usage and Traffic in Settings -> Location Services -> System Services

I have all my apps running and have been using my phone for normal uses such as photos, videos, calls, apps etc and have noticed normal battery usage when the phone is used, and it continues to hold up on standby, loosing about 2-3% each night since doing this.

The last time I charged my phone fully was 35 hours ago, and have used it very frequently during the day yesterday, had it on standby 2 nights, used it frequently again this morning, and it is still at 40%. I reckon it's now operating as normal.

2 comments

  1. simplecall // November 23, 2011 at 4:22 AM  

    I live in London but most of my relatives lives in other countries so i am looking for cheap calling cards in London. find cheap international calls

  2. Anonymous // August 22, 2013 at 3:09 PM  

    Ahaa, its good conversation on the topic of this paragraph here at this blog,
    I have read all that, so at this time me also commenting here.


    Feel free to surf to my blog post :: iphone missing manual

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...