Kindle Fire Driver Problems & Solutions

Posted by Ahsan Tasneem | 10:22 AM | , , , | 1 comments »

Weeks after the release of Kindle fire, several users are still having problems related to drivers. Here we have mentioned some problems faced by users and their solution / response. Amazon will be working hard on it and hopefully they are fixed in the recent update.

Problem

On connecting a new Kindle Fire to my computer, the Windows upgrade program couldn't find drivers for the Kindle, so it still lacks drivers. Does anyone know how I can find the Kindle Drivers?

Response / Solution

P. Burks says:
"Customer Service saw my post here and called me. They said that there is no driver and that the Fire needs to be open (not in sleep mode) before plugging it in to the computer. I connected it and again got that message about installing the driver, so I just clicked on "Don't Ask Me This Again" and the box opens up for Window Explorer to show the folders. I disconnected and plugged in again and the message about trying to install a driver is now gone and I can go directly to Windows Explorer to see the folders in the Fire."
"My windows 7 computers did the same thing. However, when I unlock the fire the computer can access the drive, even though it still tells me it needs a driver."

Lisa says:
FYI on my XP I went to My Computer and it showed Kindle for my F Drive. When I opened it there were folders. One said Music so I dropped a song in there to see if anything happened and it was in there when I disconnected it and checked. I don't know if that helps any Vista users or not but I thought I would share.

Tris N. Thomson says:
I tried plugging the Fire into Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 and Windows XP Pro. All 3 fail to find a driver, and even though Windows Explorer shows a new Removable Disk F: on all 3 OS's when the Fire is connected, I get a popup error saying "Please insert a disk into drive F:." when I try to access the Removable Disk.

P. Burks says:
Customer Service saw my post here and called me. They said that there is no driver and that the Fire needs to be open (not in sleep mode) before plugging it in to the computer. I connected it and again got that message about installing the driver, so I just clicked on "Don't Ask Me This Again" and the box opens up for Window Explorer to show the folders. I disconnected and plugged in again and the message about trying to install a driver is now gone and I can go directly to Windows Explorer to see the folders in the Fire. While I had them on the phone, I got some answers for some other issues. Great service, I can't believe they called me!

Tris N. Thomson says:
Hmmm... This is a bit embarrasing! Maybe I didn't have the Fire fully ready to connect to.... But on Windows 7 and Server 2008, the SECOND time I connected the USB, I got the very satisfactory notification on the Fire screen which said "You can now transfer files from your computer to Kindle.". And Windows Explorer now displays KINDLE (F:) instead of Removable Drive (F:), and the file folders on the Kindle are very accessible. So, now I will proceed to upload stuff and see what happens. I hope everyone else having issues keeps trying and finally gets connected!

Joe B. says:
I had the "No driver" problem as well. I started a chat with Amazon and they had me reset the Fire to factory settings. It worked like a charm. We had to setup and download everything again, but since we only had it 6 hours, it wasn't a problem. Hope this helps someone else.

J. Frisbey says:
Thank you. I hadn't unlocked the fire. I see now it says I can transfer data and then disconnect.

Tedd says:
I reset my Fire to factory settings, no dice - still asking for the driver disk. Also plugged it in when not in sleep mode - same thing.
I haven't yet told Vista to stop asking me for the driver, so maybe that's why it keeps on asking?
And even though I don't have the driver installed, my Windows Explorer still says it's a "Kindle" that is attached. So even without all the drivers Vista thinks it needs, it can ID the device to some extent.
I get the impression that file transfers from the PC to the Fire are a bit slow - and I'm afraid it's because of this driver issue. I hope Amazon comes out with a driver package that they can distribute to those of us having this problem... 



Source: Amazon

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // December 3, 2013 at 6:35 AM  

    It comes with 7-inch touch screen, ARM11 800MHz processor
    and built-in 2GB of NAND flash. The Kindle Fire HD starts at $199 for the 7-inch device
    with 16 gigabytes of storage capacity. 0 operating system on the tablet and
    surf the Internet, but WITHOUT more expectation.

    My blog post :: kindle fire hdx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...